To calculate your own premium select your trade from the list below,
check for cover restrictions in the trade notes and then read off the
premium applicable to your business.
1.We are only able to offer cover for the trades
listed below. If your trade is not listed then unfortunately we
will not be able to offer a quotation.
2. Describe your business accurately. e.g if
you are a roofer, don't call yourself a builder; because you won't be
covered. (A builder doesn't go on to a flat roof and lay on hot roofing
felt etc.). (As you might have guessed we are unable to cover roofers).
3.This policy is only available to those who
live and work within England, Scotland or Wales.
4. The quotations are based on you being in business
for the last 3 years
If you are self employed and do not have any employees then all you
need is Public liability for yourself only.
If you are a builder with one employee you would need 2 Public Liability
covers and one Employers Liability.
If there are two of you trading as a limited company you will need
2 X Public liability cover and also 2 X Employers Liability cover, as
you are both treated as employees of your company.
The table below shows the premium for:
Public Liability to £5,000,000 (we do not offer
any other level of cover)
Employers Liability to £10,000,000
Premium includes £15 policy fee
If an occupation has a "Trade Notes" numbers along side it the key
below explains it's meaning.
1. These occupations are restricted to work in or on private dwellings,
shops, offices, public houses, guest houses, & hotels with no more
than 4 storeys and single storey industrial units (not exceeding 8m
2. Excluding the failure of the product to perform it's function.
3. Excluding the use of cradles.
4. Excluding tree felling, lopping or the use of explosives.
5. Excluding cover for plumbing, central heating or external aerial
6. Excluding mechanical plant.
7. Excluding cover for external aerial work.
8. Excluding damage to property being worked upon.
9. Excluding Professional Services.
10. Excluding the use of heat
11. Excluding work on the exterior of buildings
12. 1 Metre depth limit
13. Excluding manual work
All the trades
are subject to the following Hazardous Work Endorsement.
"The policy excludes demolition (unless part of
a rebuilding contract otherwise insured by the policy), work on railway
premises, watercraft, blast furnaces, chimney shafts, collieries, dams,
gas works, mines, power stations, steeples, towers, tunnels, viaducts,
quarries, chemical works, oil refineries, fuel depots, bridges, canals,
docks, piers, wharves, pile driving, water diversion, sub aqua work
or use of explosives".
1. Complete the short form below.
2. We will then contact you (normally within 24 hours) and confirm
the premium and cover details.
3. If you decide to go ahead your credit card details can be taken
over the phone and immediate cover can usually be granted.
Your information remains confidential, we will not
pass it on to anyone else.
Your quotation is free, and without obligation.
Have you remembered to fill in
your email details?