SUMMARY OF COVER
The policy provides cover in respect of: Office Equipment, Business Interruption, Loss of Money, Employers Liability, Public Liability, Goods in Transit and Legal Expenses.
* Office contents, includes: business machines, telephone & fax installations, mobile phones, photocopiers, computers & Office furniture.
Subject to the following limits
* £5,000 for any individual, item of computer or other office equipment.
* £1,000 in total for deeds, documents, cards, tapes, films or transparencies.
* £1,000 for computer system records.
Whilst temporarily removed from the office cover for the equipment is limited to 20% of the contents sum insured except for photographic or surveying equipment which is limited to £1,000.
Portable telephone equipment is covered whilst away from the premises subject to a limit of £350.
Losses from unattended vehicles are covered subject to:
i) the vehicle being locked at the time of the loss.
ii) The property being kept in a locked boot or glove compartment (mandatory for soft top/convertible vehicles), or where this is impractical in other vehicles such property must be obscured from sight.
Claims are settled on a 'replacement as new' basis, without deduction for wear and tear, subject to the sum insured being adequate to cover the full replacement value of the office contents.
* £500 in respect of the cost replacing door locks in the event of the keys being stolen.
* £500 for removal of debris costs.
* £500 for repairs and replacement costs for damage to your premises caused through theft involving forcible or violent entry.
The office contents insurance excludes the first £100 of each claim.
BUSINESS INTERRUPTION - INCREASED COST OF WORKING
In the event of loss or damage to the office contents by an insured risk, any additional expenses incurred to continue in business are covered up to a sum equivalent to twice the contents sum insured. Such costs are covered for a period up to12 months from the date of the loss or damage. For example, the cost of fitting out temporary offices, increased rates and so on would be covered.
LOSS OF MONEY
Cover up to:
* £2,000 on your premises whilst attended, in transit to or from the bank, or in a bank night safe.
* £1,000 on your premises whilst unattended in a locked safe.
* £500 on your premises whilst unattended, not kept in a safe.
* £250,000 for crossed cheques and other non-negotiable currency.
* Fraud or dishonesty of employees involving loss of money discovered within 7 working days. Cover up to the above limits.
* Personal Accident Assault - compensation to the Principal or any employee following death or disablement caused by assault, in connection with the business. Up to £10,000 for death or loss of one or both eyes, or £100 per week payable for up to 2 years disablement. Reimbursement of medical expenses up to £250.
Limit of indemnity £10,000,000 for any one occurrence. Legal liability cover for bodily injury, illness or disease to employees, arising out of, and in the course of their employment in non-manual work for the business anywhere in the UK.
Limit of indemnity £1,000,000 for any one occurrence. Legal liability cover for bodily injury, illness or disease or loss or damage to property which arises in connection with the business on or about your office, or non-manual work anywhere in the UK. (Limit of indemnity may be increased to £2,000,000 at additional premium).
* Excluding the first £250 of each damage claim unless such damage is caused by fire or explosion.
* Cover for liability under Section 3 of the Defective Premises Act 1972.
* Liability for damage to rented or hired premises, covering the costs of repairs for which you are legally responsible.
* Legal costs for prosecution under Part 1 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. Excluding costs of fines or penalties imposed.